Ed Muns wrote:

You either crimp or Solder - not both

Why not?  I've done both on all my crimped connections for years.  Crimping
breaks through any oxidation in the wire and terminal as well as providing
mechanical strength.  Soldering adds to both of these as well as reducing
the potential for further oxidation (and increased resistance) between the
wire and terminal because they are no longer exposed to the environment.

Now, if one doesn't have the proper crimping tool and risks distorting the
terminal and its fit in the housing or interconnection with its mating
terminal, then only soldering may be best.  Or, if soldering is not
practical for some reason, then crimping is fine.  In that case, some
dielectric grease on the parts before crimping will help minimize future
oxidation and resistance build up.

Most of our radio environments are limited enough so lessen the effects of
oxidation and mechanical rigidity.  But crimping and soldering is so easy to
do, why not quickly provide the added margin?

73,
Ed - W0YK
Crimping is only easy to do if you have the tool and are proficient in its use. Some of us need soldering only advice-like where not to get the solder. Power pole connectors are "new technology" to many of us. Given the problems I've had with past crimping tools, the first couple crimps with a new tool/connector are bad. That shoots down the two connectors supplied. So I guess if I had to buy a tool, I'd also get a bunch of "spare" connectors too. Not the scenerio I like for a $2K rig.
Not an big deal though.
73 de Brian/K3KO.