Lee Buller wrote:

I know they are busy....and I am willing to wait....but it seems that
the day of the transistor power amp is here and the players right now
are IC, Y, Ameritron, and THP.

Don't forget TE Systems. IMO the best available solid-state VHF/UHF amps.

Could there be a middle ground where a KW SS amp can come in at an
affordable price...say below 1500 to 2000 bucks?

That's exactly what I'm looking for -- a bare-bones, no-frills solid-state amp with built-in PS. Being a VHF guy, I'd love to see full legal limit amps for 6m and 2m at a reasonable price point.

I agree with you, Lee, I think there is potentially a big market starting to come into being for lower-priced solid state amplifiers.

Bill W5WVO

 Little do I know
about cost accounting.  Just asking questions...and making
conversation.

It seems the market is growing for this type of amp.

Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If
you don't have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.
If you can't find any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who
has some Common Sense.  Is Common Sense divine?