I agree about the market for a bullet-proof solid state legal limit amplifier that will work seamlessly with the radio... like the ICOM PW-1 does now with the Pro-series. My Pro3 and PW-1 are so well matched it's like having a KW transceiver. I suspect Elecraft could do something like that with a legal limit amp partner for the K3.... in fact, I would predict they will. It's the logical thing to do... when the time is right.
73, Jerry K3BZ

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lee Buller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 2:38 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] Elecraft - Full Line Manufacturer

Well, now that I have got your attention with the subject line.....

The recent threads on amplifiers has been interesting since I am looking at adding an additional one to my station.

I know the Elecraft people are very busy with the K3 roll out now, but with the advent of power transistors capable of delivering adequate power, I would like to suggest that Elecraft look at developing their amplifier again. Whoa now....hold the phone.

I know they are busy....and I am willing to wait....but it seems that the day of the transistor power amp is here and the players right now are IC, Y, Ameritron, and THP. I am not sure I want to shell out 5500 to 6500 bucks for one of these amps that can run SO2R....but.....

Could there be a middle ground where a KW SS amp can come in at an affordable price...say below 1500 to 2000 bucks? Little do I know about cost accounting. Just asking questions...and making conversation.

It seems the market is growing for this type of amp.

Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply. If you don't have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it. If you can't find any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense. Is Common Sense divine?