Hello Scott.
What is the current the radio draws?
Is it possible that there might be an bad soldering or an forgotten one? it`s way to easy to do.

73 de Thomas LA3PNA

Den 21. mars. 2008 kl. 22.53 skrev Scott McDowell:

Hi
I am having some problems with a K2 that I am building that I need some help with. During the part 2 alignment and test I discovered that the BFO wasn't working. While investigating that, the frequency counter and volt meter stopped working. I've been checking on the counter and volt meter and found some voltages that are not right. For instance on the control board U6 microcontroler pin ten has 0 volts instead of 5. Pin 18 has 4.9 volts instead of 0 volts. Pin 24 has 0 volts instead of 5 volts. Pin 25 has 5 volts instead of 0 volts. Pin 33 has 0 volts instead of 5 volts. Should I replace U6, or could the problem be somewhere else that is causing
these crazy voltages?
Also on CB U2 all the voltages are about half what they should be.
CB U7 has 0 volts on pin 5 instead of 5 volts. Pin 6 has 4.94 volts instead of 0 volts. I'm not much of technition, so do I need to throw the whole mess away and start
over on a new one?
Thanks
Scott N5SM