Scott,

Here are some things I would try:

1. Checking the ammeter  - when I place the display of my K2 in the E
i mode I see a 0.02 decrease in current when I turn the Preamp off.
The way my K2 is configured the reading with the Preamp on is 0.28 and
with it off 0.26.  You might try this to verify some ammeter
functionality.

2. It is possible that there will be no voltage on the collectors of
Q9 and Q10 until the K2 is in the CAL FCTR mode. I suggest you make
the measurements in this mode if you have not already done so.

3. The voltmeter is independent of the frequency counter prior to U6.
When you place the K2's display in the E i mode what voltage is
displayed?  Do you have P7 jumper connected for INT or EXT? If you
have the jumper connected for INT and your E i display is showing
supply voltage the voltmeter is working properly.

4. Does turning on/off the Preamp make a difference in the receiver
noise level?  If it does the receiver is at least partially
functional.  Have you installed the noise blanker?  Is jumper W5
inplace?  A missing W5 would make the receiver seem dead, and a
defective noise blanker could possibly do the same.

Most of the problems I have seen with K2's were the result of poor
solder joints!  You have to be diligent to find some of these errors.
Setting my work aside and taking a break often help me see things I
missed before!

I hope these suggestions help get you on the right track,

Robie - AJ4F