Have looked for my problem by searching the archives and haven't found any
answers.  The KIO2 is the last option I'm installing in my K2 bought at Dayton
LAST year (I like to stretch out the building process).  Last night, in the
initial checkout, when I touched the KIO2 board to hold it for measuring
voltage at pin 8 of U1, it was hot to the touch.  I quickly checked current
draw test and it failed.

  All components are in their right place and I've checked for solder
bridges/loose wires and found none.  Is it possible that U1 has failed and has
an internal short?  I've stared at the circuit and can't see what else could be
the problem.

  Any ideas out there?

  73 de Clark ke4rq