Let me start off by stating that I'm not looking for a
spec by spec comparison of these two radios. The jury
is already in on that. I hope I can just keep a few
shots from firing by saying that first.

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has both the
Omni VII and a K3. I'd like to know from an operating
perspective what you think of both radios. I know they
each have their strengths and a few weaknesses. I'm
interested in A/B, side by side testing, during real
operating conditions. Does one hear better than the
other? Is one easier to operate? I know this is a
personal thing, but I'd like to hear about it. Also,
anything else that comes to mind would be appreciated.

I had an OMNI V back when they first came out. It was
a great radio at the time and probably can still hold
its own against most of what's out there now. I've
just always wanted to buy another Ten-Tec and did look
for a V for awhile. With the VII out there now, that
would seem the way to go at this point. I do have a
second K3, a QRP version, on order.

Another reason for looking at the Omni VII is that I'm
very interested in buying as much American made gear
for my shack as I can. I have a 756 PRO III that is
the last of my Japanese stuff. All that's saving it at
this point is the real-time bandscope. I'm still
considering either selling it or trading it in.

Please respond off list if you think this might
generate a lot of flack. That's not my intention at
all. I'm just beating the bushes for information.

Tnx es 73,
Dave N8AG