KM5Q:

>My K3 is due in about a month. I wonder if I should order the KXV-3
(RF I/O option) for the initial build, or consider adding it later.
The ONLY purpose I expect to have for it is to connect the bandscope,
when available. It seems to make sense to wait and add it later,
unless it is hard to do after the assembly. Any advice from you
builders?

        The KXV3 is located underneath the KIO3, so it's easier
to install initially.  However, I had to replace my KXV3 with a
modified version and it's not very difficult to remove the KIO3.
N8LP is very close to shipping his LP-PAN (which is designed
specifically for the K3 and will prevent any isolation issues),
I would order the KXV3 now for your initial build.

http://www.telepostinc.com/LP-PAN.html (expected price $175 +/-)

>Or, an option might be to instal an IF output for the scope without
purchasing the KXV-3. Is it just a cable and jack, or is there some
isolating circuitry? (If it's very involved, I'd just get the whole
KXV-3.)

        There is isolation circuitry.  This is not as simple
as connecting a Softrock directly to the KXV3's IF Output.
See N8LP's webpage above for more info.  If you don't use
the LP-PAN, you will need something like K8ZOA's Z-10000:

http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/

                                73,  Bill  W4ZV