Windy

   I would get the KXV-3 with the K3. I didn't order one with my K3. I then
ordered a KXV-3 in January and I am still waiting.  Yes, in theory you can
add options at any time. In practice there may be long waits for delivery of
even simple options. There has also been a price increase since I placed my
order, so waiting may cost you more.

  The KXV-3 does not provide isolation. K8ZOA has considered making an
isolation product for the K2 and K3. Search for his call in the reflector
and you'll find his post from March 18 on this topic.

    Bob
      KD8CGH