Hello Kevin!

too much antenna gain - better cut it in half - "HI!"

The tuner maybe acting like a BandPass filter keeping
the the BC out.

You may have sufficient gain at BC frequencies now
with the new antenna.

At times, especially in foggy or wet local conditions,
I receive interesting things when using my 80m 1/4
wave vertical. Within a few short miles are MW BC
towers.

Have fun with the new antenna!

Ken, KA0W
K2/100