My K2 just started with these issues yesterday.

Does anyone have any suggestion other than sending the
rig to Elecraft?

When I power the K2 up, it is like it has no antenna
connection (I have the KAT 100 external tuner that I
use with the rig). When I also power up only a few of
the letters for ELECRAFT appear on the LED Screen.
Maybe 3 or 4 letters only and the S meter has three
bars then a few blank and then 2 filled in. The rig
sounds like it is almost muted or at times no audio.

Also when I power up, the KAT 100 shows the rig in the
low power position even though I have the pot set for
100 watts.

It can take me about 5 to 10 minutes of turning the
rig on and off until it will then function normally.
Once normal it is fine unless the rig is off for about
an hour.

If I turn the rig off for an hour and come back to it
it will not start normally and I have the same issues
all over again.

I have checked all of my connections into the rig
especially the power connections and antenna
connections.

It kind of reminds me if I had an IC that was somehow
failing somewhere?

Thanks for the feedback!

Best 73's -- Norm  K9NK