I've owned my K1-4 ( 40,30,20,15 ) for about two years. Enjoyed building it and have had a lot of fun using it. Added the internal tuner, a visual tuning aid and the tilt stand shortly after completing it. Use it with a 8AA battery and an end-fed wire for park bench portable in a local park, in the backyard, and at my country place. Everything fits into an old laptop case for transport.

Have no issues with the K1, and many DX contacts. Even made a new friend, ON7FR who bought and built a K1 after reading my comments. I bought another 2-band filter kit for 80 & 17, haven't built it yet.

73, Curt KB5JO