On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 10:13, Ken wrote:
> I am thinking I will get some aluminum sided insulation that
> you see in rolls at Lowes and use it as an assembly mat.
> Then one can not help but be frequently touching the mat
> in the process or assembly.  Maybe also have a piece on
> the floor that you are standing on that is connected to
> the work mat.
>
> Ken K5WK

When you set a PC board down on it, a spark can jump from the board to
the aluminum, zapping some sensitive part in the process.  You need a
high resistance path so the static can bleed off more gradually.

I have heard of people using moistened newspaper as an anti-static mat.
Seems like it would work, but I never tried it because it seems too
uncontrolled.

Al N1AL