Brian wrote:

I am finding this discussion on CW
mistakes to be WAY off-topic for this list but WAY useful too.

-----------------------------
With respect, I don't think it's "off-topic":

The list moderator, Eric, as repeatedly said that anything to do with
getting on the air and operating on the Ham bands is *on topic* for this
list. Especially if it's something one might do with an Elecraft product, it
has always been welcome. That has certainly been the case over the eight
years I've followed the discussions here.

Some topics take on a life of their own and start going "around in circles",
and in those cases Eric will, eventually, call a halt to it. And he's quick
to step on posts that seem impolite or which criticize others, which I
greatly appreciate.

I agree with you, Brian; such discussions can be "WAY useful too" which I
why I read them, sometimes participate in them, and always appreciate that
they are welcome here.

Ron AC7AC