Dave G. wrote:
I started wondering just how much a FULLY loaded K3 would cost...
Stuffing a K3 with EVERYTHING(!) including 10 top-of-the-line roofing filters in Kit-form I came up with $4469.65 + shipping....
Or about $2,000 less than one IC-7700
Both of which are way beyond my budget...

Following up on the above slightly old message...

I went through pricing of a K3 myself a while ago. A base machine was going to run me a little over $2,000 but when I added all the "nice to have" features I wound up at around $4,000. This is also more than I am able/willing to spend on a radio at the moment. If it turns out that the general coverage receive option makes it a very good shortwave radio, I would consider selling one or two of my shortwave radios with a K3 that I can also use for ham radio.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.