I forgot to mention..... I "stick" mine down in place with the yellow or blue "sticky clay" you get at office supply places. Works great and doesn't damage the housing of the key. I didn't opt for the magnetic inserts as the K1 doesn't have anything they will stick to! Didn't want to drill the side of the K1 to mount the base either.

73,

Sandy W5TVW
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Foster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Mike Geddes'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 9:21 PM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Palm Mini-Paddles?

Mike,

I have a set of them for my K2. They are very well made and I like them a
lot. The packaging is excellent for protecting them in transit. The
detachable cord is also very convenient. The "feel" is a little soft (as
noted by a previous post) because the paddles flex a bit but in my opinion
that's a nit. My CW is neither better nor worse than on my Bencher and I
haven't noticed any fatigue on long runs. I would not hesitate to buy
another set even though they are a bit pricey. For what it's worth ....

Ron - W2RIP