I screwed mine to an aluminum bar with a rubber foot on the front. The rear of the bar had a hole that mated up with a hole in the K1 mounting bracket. I used the Elecraft supplied thumb screw to attach the bar to the bracket. It worked well, unless I wanted to carry the K1 without the bracket. I now use a GHD travel paddle attached to an aluminum plate. It is not as compact but I can use it with other radios or without the bracket I just hold the plate in my left palm. This can be done with other paddles and I find that it works well for me. An advantage of the Palm Mini paddles is that you can buy extra snap in mounting bases and attach then to different gear. Some have even attached them to tiles to use in the shack. The paddles simply snap into the bases and are ready for use. My only complaint with the Palm paddles is the slightly soft contacts. Not a big one for portable use.
73
Rick Dettinger    K7MW