quick addon. I found something weird by experimenting:

oe9fwv wrote:

> today I observed a problem with my K3 ATU.
>
> on some bands the ATU does not find a fix.
> I connected the transceiver to a 50 ohm 100 Watt dummy load.
>
> I tried on
>
> 1850 - no fix - rattle rattle - display says: - . - with Xmit: 1.0 - 1
> 3700 - quick fix 1.0 - 1
> 5330 - no fix  but when I press transmit it shows 1.2 - 1  1.0 ATU in
> bypass
> 7080 - no fix   with xmit 1.0 - 1
> 10142 - no fix  with xmit 1.4 - 1 (tuner inline - 1.0 - 1 tuner bypass)
> 14142 - quick fix 1.0 - 1
> 18068 - quick fix 1.0 - 1
> 21000 - quick fix 1.0 - 1
> 24890 - quick fix 1.0 - 1
> 28000 - quick fix 1.0 - 1
> 50750 - quick fix 1.0 - 1

I can "fix" the problem, when I change the frequency offset of my 2.7 kHz
filter.
On the filter the offset frequency is marked -0.89. If I set the filter
offset to less than -.70 the tuner
finds a match on all bands tested.

Regarding the mic gain / ALC problem I'll go to a friend with equipment and
look at the spectrum.
I agree that also with a good peak wattmeter it is not possible to see the
spectrum ;-)

73! de Werner
OE9FWV