Hi all,

This is getting more and more confusing. What exactly is the compatibility
issue with the K3 and an electret microphone wired for Kenwood? I have a
Heil Proset with the IC element (which is electret). I originally ordered it
with the ICOM adapter and used it successfully for years with the IC-718.
Prior to receiving the K3, I ordered the Kenwood cable adapter. When I got
the K3, I plugged the mic in, set the mic selection to FP.L with bias on and
everything seems to be working fine. I never had a K2 so I don't know what's
up with "the K2 wiring for the Kenwood microphone". Can we please leave the
K2 out of the picture and make a problem statement what might be the issue
with an electret microphone intended to be used with Kenwood when applied to
the K3.

Knut - AB2TC