Hi all,
I think we need to understand what is happening here. I am pretty sure I have this correct.

The front panel socket is the same as the Kenwood one apart from the 8v being present on a different pin. However, this is a bit of a smokescreen as it actually has very little to do with bias voltage. The bias voltage as I see it drops a voltage onto pin 1 which will be the mic audio line. This has been done for speaker mics and handies for some time. So the bias voltage is nothing to do with where the 8v line is on the front panel socket. Unless your mic requires the 8v line which would only normally happen for desk mics (?) I do not see a problem. The vast majority of desk mics will have a blocking capacitor on the mic audio line.

Do I have it correct?

73 Ian

--

Ian J Maude, G0VGS