The SSB transmit chain has  had a major rework. The
results are very impressive.

1. The ALC is vastly improved. In fact you could say
that the K3's ALC is perfect because it does not
contribute any measurable levels of IMD to the SSB
signal.

2. The increase in IMD levels when  you turn on the
speech processor is  non existent.

3. Excessive IMD levels under  heavy dynamic voice
testing is almost non existent.

4. IMD levels as measured at 5, 10, 15 and 20khz are
very impressive under dynamic voice conditions. If we
use the  measured data as per SM5BSZ's results, you
could conclude that the K3 has one of the best levels
of IMD suppression under dynamic voice testing
conditions.

5. Under all levels of voice conditions, mic gain  and
speech processing settings it is just about impossible
to make the K3 splatter.

I did not do any 2 tone IMD measurements because i
don't have much faith in 2 tone numbers as a reliable
indicator of IMD performance under voice conditions.

6. In short, the K3's SSB transmitter performance is
close to  being  PERFECT......

Equipment used: Bird Attenuators, Tektronix 2467B,
Crystal Notch, Agilent 8594E, AOR7030+, SDR-IQ and a
Anritsu ML422C level meter. All tests were done on 14
mhz SSB.

73
Craig
VK3HE