Gads! I never would have thought of trying that! I can't wait for someone to give a logical explanation of what the problem could have been. I'm afraid all that tells me is that the wall socket you were using initially may have a problem. Have you checked it?

Dave W7AQK

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2008 6:22 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 Firmware Download Problems. Hopefully solved.

Some readers may recall my ongoing problems loading new firmware to K3 #0215.

I *may* have solved this problem.........During problems with the 01.78/01.58 download, I changed the physical config of my K3 & PC. - They had been plugged into 2 different wall sockets in the shack. I moved the Ks & its power supply into the same socket as my PC & the 01.78/01.58 download then worked well. Yesterday I downloaded 01.87/01.69, using this same config, & all went well.

It may not be a cure-all for everyone's problems, but could be classed as 'one more thing to check' & has been reported to K3Support.

73 de Mike, zl1mh.