Stewart G3RXQ wrote:

> Why not an LC filter for AM reception instead of an expensive
> crystal roofing filter ?

I was going to suggest that, then I thought of the points Lyle made and
guessed that it wouldn't work. But if it works well enough for casual
listening and people are willing to accept the limitations then perhaps
there is scope for someone to have this made up as a kit.

As for opening up the DSP to 4KHz when you only have a 2.7KHz filter, I
didn't realize you could do this, since I have both the AM and FM filters. I
can't really see the point. As the DSP filters are sharper than the 2.7KHz
crystal filter I guess it lets you hear a bit more bandwidth, but it's a bit
misleading. The AM filter is quite sharp already so I doubt if allowing the
DSP to be wider would gain you much.

-----
Julian, G4ILO  K3 s/n: 222 K2 s/n: 392
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com