As a prospective purchaser, I've been following the list with interest, especially the discussion of various issues related to the firmware.

1. Maybe there needs to be a step between the beta testers and a general release. That is, a Release Candidate version (or versions, rc1, rc2, etc). For the adventuresome, bleeding edge, or just those who want to help the process, without being a formal beta tester.

2. Maybe the development path could fork into bug-fix and new features branches. I could be wrong here, since I'm just going by the comments, but it seems that new firmware introduces both fixes for known problems and extensions of capabilities. Having a stable branch (bug-fixes only) and an unstable branch (new features) would allow those who are happy with current features to get improved firmware without running the risks associated with new, less-well-tested, features.

73,

Dave KQ3T