K3KO wrote:

> I don't understand why people are so adverse to using the inhibit line
> provided by the K3.
> It will prevent hot switching.
>
> BTW people using AC relays should be aware that they will also operate
> just fine on DC.  (115vac relays work fine on 24VDC).  Once converted for
> DC operation, they can be "speeded up" by methods like you point to.

Two points there -

The first one is, it does not fail safe if the connector is unplugged for
any reason. The same applies to sequencing via an external PTT source if the
radio defaults to VOX on CW. Feedback is always going to be the best way as
long as it can not be bypassed by mistake. What you should do is both
requiring a minimum delay to occur before transmission and also use the
inhibit line.

The second is a most useful tip. How general is this or is it only some
coils have the correct impedance/resistance ratio? Will there be any other
issues? What about long term dissipation?

Mike