Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 21:06:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: Shane White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Elecraft] The K3 in comprison to the Big Guns
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net

That's it, I'm going to ask the silly question.

How can the K3's receiver outperform that of the Icom IC-7800 and Yaesu
FTDX9000? These two radios cost in excess of $11,000 and weigh in at over
25Kg (55lbs)! The K3 costs about $2000 and weighs about 4Kg (8.5lbs). Yes
the K3 is deficient of a screen, internal PSU and some knobs but why on
earth is there such a difference in price and weight? Given this, how can
the K3's receiver outperform these other radios?

These questions keep bugging me. Those glossy Yaesu and Icom brochures
certainly don't help!