The Elecraft "250 Hz 8-pole" crystal filter is 370 Hz at the -6 dB point.
You can run the DSP down as low as 300 Hz with this crystal filter and have
minimal roll-off of the 170 Hz shift RTTY signal.

In practice, I have run 200 Hz DSP in large RTTY pileups with great success
in contests for months now.  Yes, there is roll-off, but the narrower filter
eliminated more of the pileup so that the net result was faster clear copy
of at least one call sign, compared to even a 300 Hz DSP bandwidth.  This
trade-off was a net advantage.  In non-pileup situations, the 300 Hz DSP
bandwidth with the "250 Hz" (actually 370 Hz) crystal filter is as narrow as
you should, especially for weak signal reception.

Furthermore the 400 and 500 Hz crystal filters are nearly as good as the 250
(really 370) for this application as roofing filters.  In few cases, if any,
will you be able to tell any difference between these three roofing filters.

73,
Ed - W0YK