Robert,

There was lots of discussion of this on the list a month or two ago, but suffice to say there are many sources and it seems a lot of them cost about $25. Nobody had any significant reasons to recommend one kind over another.

Here's a cheaper source, and while you're at it, a fine company for good tools and other great ham stuff.

http://www.mtechnologies.com/tools/#strap

Get their larger mat, only $9.95

I used their strap and mat and My K3 survived assembly 100% even in dry static-prone wx.

In all the previous discussions, nobody mentioned to be careful what you wear! No wool or fleece, for example. Maybe that's just obvious.

Windy KM5Q
Santa Fe, NM
K3 #764