Dick,

I found the manual to be very clear. I'm really an analog guy. I am a slow learner and fast forgetter with a lot of digital devices. My Yaesu VHF HT drives me CRAZY. On the other hand, I've had FUN learning to use the K3, so I can only speak well of the manual.

The manual works for me but it assumes the reader has a background in CW/SSB transceiver concepts. My previous HF transceiver is 30 years old. I was almost completely inactive in the field for 20 years. Yet I understand all except the more arcane parameters I've read in the manual and actually enjoy configuring and experimenting.

The concepts you need in order to understand the K3 manual are of a general variety that you can learn from ARRL publications etc.

This is my view, and hopefully some useful advice -- NOT criticism!

Windy KM5Q
K3 #764

My only gripe is with the owner's manual. I have never used a software defined rig before, and I found the description of the various menu and config choices fairly baffling. ...