David said:
"
There has been a steady stream of suggestions for the K3.  Many of them are
very individualistic preferences, and probably not practical or universally
beneficial.  But there are probably some ponies in there too--quite a few in
fact.  The real question is whether or not the folks at Elecraft have the
time and/or the inclination to effectively evaluate them.  Well, they
created a transceiver that is "upgradeable", and folks are just trying to
help them accomplish that feat--at least by being part of the idea pool.
But it probably would be a good thing if folks would contemplate the real
value their suggestions might have.  Something that would seem to satisfy
only a very limited number of users may not be a helpful suggestion.  But
then again, you never know until you ask!  Suggestions that seem to be only
achievable by redesigning the radio itself probably aren't helpful.  The
physical limits of the radio have to be accepted.  Those ideas should
probably be directed to the "K4" inbox.
"
 Well, You've probably not heard this (true) story about one of my grandkids
(got 6 of them):
Returning home from school he (Gustav) told his ma that another boy had been
teasing him telling him he was small. Gustav had replied: me? "Are you
bigger than yourself? I am exactly big enough to be me". To me that also
applies to the K3. The small seize in combination with a top performance
inside makes it a great transceiver. Since I got my K3 up and running I have
not even touched the other one's. And you can bring it with you as hand
luggage in a nice case with power supply and other accessories all together
well below the max allowed 8 kg. Eventually there might be a K4 and maybe a
K5 but right now I am very happy with the K3, thank you Elecraft!
Len
SM7BIC