My 8V is as low as yours Kristinn but I do not have the same problem. This
leads me to think that you have another problem...  In fact, I am quite sure
- especially since you're not able to see all LED's with RF-Gain nor signal
input. Have you EVER seen the LED's on the far right lit?

I would check the soldering around the LED array.

Are - LB3SA