When running ARQ Pactor with my K3, I notice the power level seems to wander requiring the mic level to be adjusted, this is noticeable as a change in ALC indication. I suspect those running sound card data modes may also see a similar variation in ALC levels. Note, I am not running power levels any higher than 50 Watts, usually 15 - 20 Watts. By comparison, a TS-480 doesn't vary at all.

Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80

I also noted this with my K3 last week.
My guess is that this is a burp in the latest
firmware. I tune my amplifier with a string of
dots (abt 30 wpm) and note the bar graph takes
about a second and a half to indicate an accurate
power level...

Anyone else seeing this??

Joe - W1AIU