-----Original Message-----

In my view, the so called "bug swing" is anything but "nice"!  Why
anyone would try to send anything but correctly formed code characters
is beyond me!

Dave W7AQK

----------------------------

Imagine a world where nobody spoke into the mic.  Instead, rigs had
computer voice generation inside.  What came out were your words, but
spoken by a robotic artificial voice with perfect pronunciation at just
the right speed with just the right tone to cut through and improve
communications.

Keyers have served to make CW nice & uniform but have also taken much of
the life out of the mode for me.  I much prefer to work someone who is
using a straight key or bug and is sending good code that still has a
bit of human flavor to it.

Having said that, I agree with you regarding intentional bug swing.  If
the OP is trying to swing, intentionally messing up the code because it
sounds "cool" then that is a bad thing.

NNMA instead of CQ is a sign of a poor operator who hasn't mastered the
bug.

- Keith N1AS -
- K3 711 -