For the life of me I can't figure out why you guys are having this problem unless you are using stripped-down versions of the K3 sans amplifier, ATU, etc. which would mean a lighter rig, I suppose. Or else the surface your K3s are sitting on have been waxed or polished.

I can push and hold any button on the front panel, including those on the left side, and the rig simply doesn't move. It's sitting smack dab on top of an FT-1000D with all four K3 feet in contact with the painted top, no bail being used, and it is completely rock-squat-dead-immovable with ANY button activation.

But again, check out my earlier post today about a substance called HOLD-IT (or derivations therefrom). It would definitely solve your problem with no adverse side-effects.

73,

Kent  K9ZTV

Augie Hansen wrote:
K9ZTV wrote:
I don't have the lightness problem.  But . . .

Testing just now shows that with the bail extended to raise the front of the rig it doesn't slide around. With the rig resting flat on all four feet it is fairly easy to make it slide, especially when pushing buttons on the left side.

I use a rectangle of clear, ribbed plastic shelf liner as a mat under the rig and another under a Kex Key to prevent unwanted movement. Very effective.

Gus Hansen
KB0YH