Hi Ron,

As I replied to Don, I had a slightly different setup last year and did
indeed eliminate the balun and feed it directly with my K2 (at the urging of
both you and Don BTW). And it seemed to work great.

This year, I moved the antenna slightly higher and after researching some
things on L.B. Cebik's site, I realized the feedline length of 33' put me at
the half wave point for 40m. Since I had to lengthen it anyway, I went with
the recommended 43' which was supposed to make it more of a multi-band use
feed length.

I'm kind of time strapped right now, but I would like to try this current
config with my K2 and see if there is any difference in the way it tunes up.
And then I guess I should play with different feed lengths to see if I can
eliminate that balun. As I told Don, I should model this thing in EZNEC but
I just haven't spent enough time with it to be comfortable with any results
;-)

Thanks for the great info Ron.

73,
Dave W8FGU