Lennart Michaƫlsson wrote:

> Also, some filters are reputed to have been defective. Of course, the
> filters may not be totally to blame for the mediocre front end performance
> of the K3 (compared with the professional-level performance that some of
> us
> had hoped for.)

I must have been asleep. Can someone point me to the reports of mediocre
front end performance, please? I hadn't noticed any criticisms, apart from
this one.

In the reviews of "professional" grade receivers I've seen, such as the Icom
professional receiver, the performance was actually worse than many amateur
transceivers, and certainly worse than the K3.

I suppose Elecraft must be doing something right if people have to make
things up to find something to complain about...

-----
Julian, G4ILO  K3 s/n: 222 K2 s/n: 392
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com
KComm for K2/K3: www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html