I think the most practical unit of measure is the "chain". It is perfect in that 20 would be 1 and then the bands are up or down from there.

Also makes laying out antennas in the yard very easy.

73,
Bob
K2TK

Vic K2VCO wrote:

Don Wilhelm wrote:

For those who will now want to add cycles per fortnight to their conversion tables:

1 Hz = 1,209,600 cycles per fortnight.

I just thought you would want to know - I had a moment of leisure this morning and did the calculation on paper :-)

Funny, the first thing I did when I saw Lyle's message was to do the same!

What's really interesting is the wavelength of 1 cpf: 2.5 x10**6 m. The "2-1/2 million meter band"!