Steve,

Your steps are correct.

It sounds like you are off by the amount of your sidetone pitch.
Were you receiving WWV in LSB or USB mode? If you used CW mode, that would explain the difference.

Are you quite certain that you tuned WWV accurately? Do not 'set the dial at 10,000.00', but instead, ignore the dial and tune until WWV is received correctly. I use Spectrogram for that with markers (pointers) set at 500 and 600 Hz for that. When correctly tuned, you will see the tones alternate each minute from 500 to 600 Hz (yes, I know there are no-tone minutes, and one minute shortly after the hour is 440 Hz, but mostly they alternated between 500 and 600 Hz.).

When done correctly (mostly tuning WWV accurately), you results will be within 20 Hz of WWV. One cannot expect much better than that due to the DAC resolution used in the K2. I do this most every day, and it has become 'old hat' to me - use Spectrogram to verify the correct tuning - ignore the K2 dial display until the last verification step.

73,
Don W3FPR

Steve Kallal wrote:
I was trying to calibrate my K2/100 and had it within 10 Hz according to WWV 10 MHz. I should have left it alone. Now it is off by about 700 to 800 Hz on 40 meters. Ouch!

Here are the steps I did so far:

1. I set the C22 trimmer on the Control Board by the N6KR method at http://w3fpr.qrpradio.com/n6kr_method.htm. I set the dial at exactly 10.000.00 MHz, and alternated between TP1 & TP2 until the readings CAL FCTR match with about 2 Hz.

2. I ran CAL PLL.

3. I ran CAL FIL on every mode / filter combination, being sure to change the BFO hex value even if not needed.

I didn't build the K2 in the first place. So I never did the entire procedure before.

Any help is welcome!