Steve Kallal wrote:

The part that wasn't clear to me at first, was the need to redo CAL PLL & CAL FIL after EACH C22 adjustment. I read so many comments on the

C22 doesn't control the dial calibration, it only controls the frequency counter used in the dial calibration. Once you've done the calibration, including filters, you could actually turn C22 to end stop without compromising the calibration.

reflector archives that mentioned simply listening to WWV and listen for zero beat. Obviously that is in the greater context of CAL PLL & CAL FIL reruns.

Whilst the frequency counter is slightly off, you can work out how much to over/under-correct, and therefore considerably reduce the number of iterations. It's sufficiently long since I did this that I cannot remember the exact details.

--
David Woolley