Hi Jim,

Been there with the PT2.  It worked somewhat on 6M.  It was quite useful on
10,12,15,17 and 20M as well.
It seemed to have too high a noise figure and added significant noise on 6M.
So it was doubtful that it would help me with the weak ones.

I bought a Down East Microwave kit ($35).  It is significantly better.  It
supposedly has too much gain (15-18 db) but I've not noticed this to be a
problem.  The nominal noise figure is under 1db so it doesn't seem to add
noise.   Of course, the best place would be at the antenna, but that isn't
going to happen.

Now to figure out how to switch in the PT2 for HF and LF RX antenna
reception.

73 de Brian/K3KO