Tom,

Since the control for the K2/KPA100/KAT100 linkage uses internal K2 signal lines that are completely separate from the TXD and RXD signals between the computer and the K2, the fact that your K2/KPA100/KAT100 still operate is not any indication of 'goodness' regarding the link to HRD.

Check the port settings on the computer, Check the K2 menu to be certain PORT is set ON. Be certain the cable from the computer goes first to the K2 (or the KPA100 if and only if it is mounted on the K2 top cover). If the cable to the computer goes first to the external KAT100 (or an externally mounted KPA100), the computer connection will not work because there are no wires in the KAT100 to K2 cable to carry the TXD and RXD signals.

73,
Don W3FPR

NG3V wrote:
Good Evening Group,
Here's an odd one. I decided to rebuild my ham desk and upgrade my
computer.  I wound up putting the old computer back where it was, so nothing
was changed there. After all was done, I hooked everything back up, and - while the K2, KPA100
and KAT100 work fine - HRD will not recognize the radio.
I have checked the cables, tried both native serial ports on the mb and 2
ports on a PCI card - even reinstalled all the drivers.
I have tried other control programs - no joy. I have opened the K2 and checked everything visually and checked for
evidence of smoke leakage.
I am at a loss, so I pose you two questions: 1. Can anyone think of something I should look at? 2. Can I use a USB to Serial dongle to hook up the K2 just to try something
else?