To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 12:10 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] Computer Control of K2

Good Evening Group,

Here's an odd one.  I decided to rebuild my ham desk and upgrade my
computer. I wound up putting the old computer back where it was, so nothing
was changed there.

After all was done, I hooked everything back up, and - while the K2, KPA100
and KAT100 work fine - HRD will not recognize the radio.

I have checked the cables, tried both native serial ports on the mb and 2
ports on a PCI card - even reinstalled all the drivers.

I have tried other control programs - no joy.

I have opened the K2 and checked everything visually and checked for
evidence of smoke leakage.

I am at a loss, so I pose you two questions:

1.  Can anyone think of something I should look at?

2. Can I use a USB to Serial dongle to hook up the K2 just to try something
else?

Thanks,

73,

Tom