Hi Buck,

This information didn't make it to the rev C manual. It will be in the next revision:

* * *

Narrow DSP Filter Types

For bandwidth settings of 100 Hz or lower, the K3’s DSP normally uses a type of filter that minimizes ringing: the Finite Impulse Response or FIR filter.

If you don’t mind a small amount of ringing, you can select Infinite Impulse Response or IIR filters for these bandwidths, which have steeper skirts. Locate the CONFIG:FLx BW menu entry, then tap 7 until you see IIR ON. Both main and sub receivers will use the same setting.

* * *

73,
Wayne
N6KR