On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 05:57:05 +0100, Dave G4AON wrote:

>I also have an Advanced Receiver Products P50VDG 50 MHz pre-amp on order
>(http://www.advancedreceiver.com/), again anyone else using one of these
>with their K3? It looks easy enough to connect as a direct pre-amp via
>the in/out sockets on the KXV3.

I've had one of their auto-switching mast-mount preamps for about five years.
Used it inline with a 746 when I was back in Chicago. It blew up three times
with RF from my HF rigs. Finally got them to add protection diodes to it,
which fixed it. It's now patched into the RX loop of the K3, and works well.

73,

Jim K9YC