Bob,

While I cannot speak from my own measurements, but in EMRFD, Wes Hayward recommends the U310s for VHF/UHF rather than the J310. The case of the U310 is connected to the gate, and when used in a grounded gate configuration, the case can be mounted (upside down) into a hole in the PC board, and I believe that alone should provide better input to output isolation. The Vishay data sheet indicates a slightly lower noise figure for the U310.

I would suggest that you try the J310s. If you find them lacking, it should be easy to change to U310s, I would guess that at 50 MHz, it may be a 'toss-up' decision.

73,
Don W3FPR

Bob Tellefsen wrote:
Hi John
I've been looking at this circuit for some time.
I have a number of J310s, but no U310s.
Do you know whether they are the same
animal, just in different casings?
73, Bob N6WG