Two different filters although both are activated by the DUAL PB
hold-button, depending on MODE.  In RTTY it is the Dual-Tone Filter, two 50
Hz DSP filters spaced 170 Hz apart.  In CW, it is a two level filter with
two widths, 150 Hz and 600 Hz as I recall.  The passband of the 600 Hz
filter is 20 dB down which provides the skirts to hear nearby signals
without having them dominate the signal(s) you focus on in the 150 Hz
filter.

As for the choice of roofing filter, it needs to be wider than 600 Hz.  So,
yes, a 700 Hz crystal filter would give the most DSP protection from strong
signals outside the 600 Hz bandwidth.

73,
Ed - W0YK