Greetings,
I'm currently seeing a consistent S5 for noise level on 20m with the
pre-amp activated.  It drops to S3 with the pre-amp disabled.  This
reading was taken at noon time on the east coast.  Does this sound
reasonable based on current conditions, or do you think I'm experiencing
interference from something nearby?  I'm fairly new to HAM radio so
I'm not really sure what to expect for this time year and based on
current conditions.  It seems kind of high to me.

Thanks,
- Bill