Hi Vic,
I'm using the K3.  I haven't really played much with
the noise blanker up until now, but I was just able to
reduce the noise level by about 1-2 s-units by enabling
NB with the following settings:
DSP - T3-7
IF - NAR1

If I couple these settings with disabling the pre-amp, I
can get the noise level down to around an S1!
Great work Elecraft!

I'll have to start playing around with the NB settings more
often going forward.  I'm not sure what effect this might
have on a received signal however.  (didn't test that yet)
Are there any general guidelines for using NB? (i.e., DSP
versus IF, using only DSP, using both, etc.)

Thanks,

- Bill