Thanks David - helps if you RTFM. You haven't found any problems with the TMP lead from the KAT3 then? I wondered if there might be some stray RF pickup.

I think I will connect my KAT3 cable and leave the AUX.RF one sleeved and taped out of the way. I may consider some form of switch or jumper arrangement at some distant future date if I find I want to switch back and forth. But most likely I'll settle for something like a Beverage to the AUX.RF in the future - when my ship comes in and I have enough realestate.
73 de M0XDF, K3 #174
--
Knowing my luck, when my ship comes in, I'll be waiting at the airport!