GORC Iditarod 2009 Challenge

Date: 11/01/08 to 03/31/09
Bands: 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m, 10m
Modes: SSB, CW, PSK31
Power: 100w or less

RACE COURSE:
1.Canada
2.Alaska
3.Russia
4.Finland
5.Sweden
6.Norway
7.Iceland
8.Greenland

All mushers MUST make one qso in each country in the proper order. No
musher shall advance to the next station (country) without first
contacting 1, then 2 then 3 etc.

All mushers must sign up before October 1, 2007. No late entries will be
allowed to mush. Your sled will be your radio and the power output you
use. Your dogs will be your antennas! The more power you use, the
heavier the sled and the less points you will receive for each contact.
Heavy antennas mean heavy dogs and less points! You may stay at each
station as long as you like and make contacts, but remember, this is a
race and the earlier you finish the more points you will receive at the
finish. Also any contacts made while you are portable count extra! You
don't have to finish the course, but you'll loose lots of points.

All Mushers will receive a nice certificate upon FINISHING the course.
First Place will receive a beautiful ICE-Like Trophy! GORC Members are
extra points!

To enter all mushers must fill out an entry form that will soon be
placed on the GORC Website http://www.wa3wsj.org/GORC.html

(I'll be busy preparing my dogs and sled)

More details later!
72/73,
Ed, WA3WSJ
The Big GORC